Orthodontic Problems to look
for in your 7-8 Year Old Child
Orthodontic conditions like the ones pictured here often benefit from early treatment. This intervention is most effective at an early age while the child is undergoing peak growth and development. Failure to correct these conditions can lead to an alteration of the normal growth and development of the jaws, making orthodontic conditions harder to treat at a later age. At Davie Dental, we believe that every child is an individual, and their orthodontic treatment must be matched to their unique situation. Most 7 & 8 year olds do not need orthodontic treatment, however, a small percentage of young children will benefit from the early interception and correction of developing orthodontic problems.
The invisible way to straighten your teeth, without braces.
Invisalign® can give you the beautiful straight teeth you’ve always wanted. It works through a series of invisible, removable, and comfortable aligners that no one can tell you’re wearing. So you can smile more during treatment as well as after. Invisalign has been proven effective and is widely available.
What is Invisalign®?
- Invisalign® is the invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces.
- Invisalign® uses a series of clear removable aligners (pictured to the left) to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets.
- Invisalign® has been proven effective in clinical research and in dental practices nationwide. In fact, thousands of dentists are certified to treat patients with Invisalign®.
- Dr. Bluth has focused his practice on orthodontic treatment, and has successfully treated countless Invisalign patients.
How Does Invisalign® Work?
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position Dr. Bluth has prescribed.
- You’ll visit our office about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9-15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
How Are Aligners Made? You’d Be Amazed…
The aligners are made through a combination of your orthodontist’s or dentist’s expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.